Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It is painting weather!

Yes, I painted some old books!
I have heard all the rage about this chalk paint stuff. Since "painting" is synonymous with summer, I have begun spending countless hours in the sun now that the snow has finally stopped!
And of course, I had to find out what all the chalk Paint hype is all about.

I usually sand, prime, and distress with whatever can of color I have lying around, but I gave in and purchased the pricey paint in mention.

Here are just a few of the funky and fun pieces I have done! I went a little crazy, as you may see, and started painting just about everything! But it is SO MUCH FUN!

It went on old laminate pieces, glass, clay pots, wood (even finished woods) and so much more!

I am in the process of trying to create my own "chalk paint" because at this rate I'll be out of paint long before I am out of things to paint!

Keep updated! Also, don't forget to sign up for our "Furniture re-do" class the end of June!

I love this old rocker! Love it even more now!


Pretty in pink. This dainty chair would have it no other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment